Proposal “project2million“ (Closed)Back
|Title:||NIGERIA - MASS ADOPTION BY CREATING UTILITY - Phase One From April to June of 2018|
|One-time payment:||96 DASH (8644 USD)|
|Completed payments:||1 totaling in 96 DASH (0 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-03-19 / 2018-04-18 (added on 2018-03-12)|
|Votes:||713 Yes / 134 No / 2 Abstain|
Nigeria’s demand for cryptocurrency is growing rapidly. Dash Nigeria aim to help Dash to establish a crucial strategic foothold in the country:
- Hold 10 merchant summits in Nigeria with approximately 100 to 200 merchants being registered on discoverdash.com.
- Recruit over 50 New Ambassadors for Dash.
- Engage over 200 bloggers to write about Dash in a competition, where the most viewed and shared will be paid Dash prizes. This will bring Dash awareness to more than a million people.
- Create a Dash gift card that will allow new users of Dash to be able to buy products on major e-commerce websites in Nigeria using Dash.
- Engage exchanges including ebitcoins.com and luno.com to trade Dash in Nigeria.
- Organize monthly seminars, summits and meetups.
- Create an office space to increase our public legitimacy. This will create new opportunities for networking and development of fruitful partnerships within the business sector.
- Three more meet-ups have been completed since this proposal was submitted. Follow us on twitter!!
Dash Squard have worked extensively to spread the word and encourage adoption of the cryptocurrency through all sectors and segments of Nigeria. The results have been extremely promising, but it is evident that this is only the tip of the iceberg.
This proposal describes in detail our strategies, which include a permanent Dash office, mass marketing, Ambassador training and gift card initiatives.
By proactively seeking to promote Dash during a pivotal time for cryptocurrency adoption both nationally and globally, we are confident that we can help Dash to become the dominant cryptocurrency in Nigeria.
View the pre-proposal discussion thread on the Dash Forums here.
Cryptocurrency adoption is soaring throughout Africa, with many of the continent’s unbanked using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a store of value, medium of P2P exchange and form of remittance. Cryptocurrency is particularly valuable in countries where the local fiat currency is susceptible to inflation, or where a vast number of the populace are unbanked. Nigeria is one such country.
Like its sibling African states, Nigeria has a huge interest in cryptocurrency, with Google search data showing the country, along with other African nations, regularly topping the list for bitcoin enquiries. People in Nigeria aren’t just interested in hoarding cryptocurrency for its speculative value: it’s empowering them to gain their financial freedom, start their own businesses and free themselves from the yoke of government control.
Dash Squad is a group of developers, analysts and marketers who are passionate about cryptocurrency, and Dash in particular. We believe that the cryptocurrency revolution has only just begun in Africa and Nigeria specifically and we see Dash as being at the vanguard of that movement. Bitcoin, for all its brand recognition, is expensive to send, making it unsuited for P2P use in countries where the average worker earns less in a day than the cost of an average BTC transaction.
Ethereum is precluded for the same reasons; while not as costly to move as BTC, ETH transactions are still priced beyond the means of the average Nigerian, and the network also suffers from scaling problems that can cause it to slow down at peak times, which is not ideal for anyone reliant on using Ethereum to exchange goods and services in near real-time.
It is our view that Dash is the cryptocurrency best suited to making inroads into Nigeria, and Africa as a whole. It is a coin whose characteristics are tailor-made for the sort of solutions Nigerians are seeking in a cryptocurrency: transactions are fast and cheap, the network is secure, the price is stable, and there is the option for private transactions. These attributes make Dash ideal for use as both a store of value and medium of exchange in Nigeria. Dash Squard are now seeking funding to raise awareness of Dash throughout the country and help it become the country’s preeminent cryptocurrency.
Thanks to Nigerians’ demand for fiat currency alternatives, there is a unique opportunity for Dash to gain a foothold in the market. We believe that via an extensive programme of education and promotion, it will be possible for Dash to position itself as the country’s most popular cryptocurrency. If achieved, this in turn will have a knock-on effect in neighboring countries, and could potentially reverberate throughout the continent, giving Dash a seat in the heart of the world’s second largest and second most populous continent of 1.2 billion people.
Working without a treasury budget, and armed with little more than enthusiasm for the transformative power of cryptocurrency, Dash Squard has made great strides to date. We have been spreading the word about Dash for months, and the results have been extremely encouraging. Person by person and village by village, we have seen awareness and adoption of Dash increase. Our efforts have seen stores and business places accept the cryptocurrency as a medium of exchange, with Gidicoin.com one such example.
Other Dash Squard accomplishments include:
- Introducing Dash to over 300 military personnel as a solution to the cross-border transaction limitation currently experienced in Nigeria.
- Organizing more than 20 successful meetups/seminars/conferences attended by over 1,500 Nigerians both online and face-face.
- Hiring professional translators to help our educational blog reach the unbanked and local indigene. Examples can be viewed here, here and here.
- Assembling a team of programmers to aid with Dash being used as a medium of payment via mobile apps and websites, Gidicoin.com being one of the most successful projects.
- Establishing the first ever grocery shop, boutique and a barber’s salon to accept Dash in Nigeria.
- Being the first group to speak about Dash at a Nigeria blockchain conference which was organized by Cryptography Development Initiative of Nigeria (CDIN), Blockchain Nigeria User Group, founded by Chimezie Chuta.
- Getting over 800 new Dash wallets to be created in Nigeria, a feat which was acknowledged by Dash Force News.
- Getting over 800 new Dash wallets to be created in Nigeria, a feat which was acknowledged by COINTELEGRAPH and CRYPTONA.CO with over 68,000 views and 400 shares on all social media.
- Hosting a Dash music and cultural festival with over 700 attendees where all music artists were paid in Dash and vendors sold their food and merchandise with Dash.
We are also involved in the following ongoing events:
- Dash Marathon: An initiative designed to raise competent and well informed dashers to spread knowledge of the financial revolution and the use of Dash across cities.
- Dash 101 (Translation): In order to reach more indigenous citizens, we’re translating the basics of Dash and also its white paper into three major languages (Hausa, Yoruba, and Igbo).
- Ogunseye Oluwajuwon Micheal: Project manager
- Pius Anyebe: Head of IT
- David Mogaji: Communication expert
- Blessing Aboi: PR
- Cynthia Arobosa: Business development
- Elo Obiana: Press
- Samuel Adeshina: Senior Developer
Dash Squad have worked tirelessly to spread the word and encourage adoption of the cryptocurrency through all sectors and segments of the country. The results have been extremely promising, but it is evident that this is only the tip of the iceberg. There’s a huge untapped market in Nigeria for Dash and cryptocurrency in general.
Due to the low cost of living in Nigeria compared to western nations, marketing spend delivers a greater return on investment. For the same amount as it would cost for a single billboard in a major European city, it would be possible to reach millions of people within Nigeria and educate them about ways in which Dash can improve their lives. We are seeking funding to further our goal of achieving the following objectives:
Utility: Dash, like most of the major cryptocurrencies, is now seen primarily as a store of value. We want to change that. With Bitcoin and Ethereum crippled by fees, Dash is primely positioned to capitalize on this and establish itself as a medium of exchange. Getting merchants to accept Dash is an arduous process in countries where legacy financial payment processors such as Visa are deeply entrenched.
Nigeria is much more nimble, with merchants happy to seek alternative payment solutions if there is a clear benefit to doing so. We believe we can convince a significant number of merchants to accept Dash, which in turn will generate positive press coverage about ways in which Dash is being used as a utility, further accelerating its adoption, and enhancing the perception of Dash as a cryptocurrency for everyday use.
Adoption: Despite our best efforts, the majority of Nigerians are still unaware of Dash and the cryptocurrency revolution that is taking seed throughout Africa. To achieve our goal of seeing Dash accepted as a utility by merchants, we need the cryptocurrency to be adopted by as many people as possible. This means encouraging wallet downloads and installations of apps with Dash functionality. Like Africa as a whole, the vast majority of Nigerians access the internet via mobile devices, so engaging with mobile users is vital. The more Dash users there are and the better informed they are, the more pressure there will be on merchants to start accepting Dash as a means of payment.
DashCart will be a Dash only gift card exchange that sells gift cards for various ecommerce markets such as Jumia, Konga, Olx, Payporte and Uber. We will start with just two cards, Payporte and Jumaii, before rolling out additional cards for other markets. We see DashCart as being the key to onboarding non-crypto users, as well as existing users of other cryptocurrencies.
The DashCart website will be the first of its kind in Nigeria: at present there is no means for anyone to purchase products from popular sites such as Jumai with Bitcoin or Dash. We’ve examined the figures for Nigeria’s booming ecommerce industry and see huge potential for a service such as DashCart to bring in crypto holders in their droves. In 2016, Nigeria recorded over $2 million of online transactions per week and close to $1.3 billion monthly.
The country’s ecommerce sector is growing rapidly, with estimated growth of 25 percent annually. Nigerians are notorious for their love of shopping, with Euromonitor Nigeria reporting that Nigerians spend $6.3 billion per year on clothing. A recent survey by Philips also found that 38 percent of Nigerians purchase products on the web.
Careful consideration has been given to the selection of Konga, Jumia and Uber as the first ecommerce sites to link to Dash gift cards.
- Konga.com is an award-winning ecommerce site that sells gift vouchers to customers for as low as $2. It provides an option to purchase multiple gift cards in batches, which can then be resold to Dash users.
- Jumai.com.ng is another award-winning ecommerce site that sells gift cards to customers. One of the primary reasons for selecting Jumai is that they offer a wide range of ecommerce services including electronic top-ups, electrical bill payments, DSTV subscriptions and betting tickets. They also cover such things as food tickers and medical bills.
This will be an initiative that seeks to foster Dash professional advocates. These will be individuals from all walks of life who will serve as ambassadors for Dash. Bloggers, journalists, creative idealists, marketers, developers, doctors, lawyers, soldiers and law enforcement with the right professional character and enthusiasm for all things Dash will be encouraged and educated in ways they can help spread the word.
We will equip these influencers with the right tools and training to ensure sure they can talk about Dash and advocate its use while spreading concrete facts and truths. One of the benefits of training these individuals through Dash Academy is that they will then be positioned to arrange and organize seminars for other people in their field. Thus the benefits of inducting a lawyer or soldier into Dash Academy will have far-reaching effects throughout these professions.
After the crash course they will be given a DASH starter kit:the starter kit is the first step into the fascinating world of dash. It enables an easy introduction to the materials and allows you to create your own secure dash wallet and to transfer your first dash to it. The starter kit contains all the components and instructions you need to this end.
The Starter Kits Contain:
- Our dash booklet with a comprehensive, easy to understand introduction to the topics.
- A dash gift card to the value of $20
- A dash tee-shirt.
We also intend to offer Dash monthly base workshops for merchants, which will encourage startups and entrepreneurs to share their expertise, helping Dash Academy attendees to gain, not only knowledge about the cryptocurrency, but also practical skills that will make them more effective at hosting Dash-themed events and business ventures.
Dash Bloggers and Writers Competition
Nigeria is blessed with an army of bloggers who furnish their fellow countrymen and women with breaking news, trends and opinion pieces. There is a plethora of financial, economics and business bloggers in the country with a sizeable readership and great influence. We will be introducing them to a cryptocurrency-focused writing competition that’s centered on uses for Dash. To participate, writers must publish the post on their blog and share it on their social media channels. The winning submission will be judged according to its quality, number of shares and originality.
We will also sponsor the annual Nigeria Facebook writer competition, which has over 5,000 active followers. This is a great way of getting the cream of the country’s bloggers writing about Dash, and the winner will have the opportunity to work alongside the Dash Nigeria team moving forward.
We believe there are key advantages to obtaining office space in Nigeria from which to operate, including the increased legitimacy this will give Dash and the opportunities it presents for networking and developing fruitful partnerships within the business sector. Having a professional environment in which to receive visitors, host events, and run educational initiatives will validate and reinforce Dash in Nigeria with prospective business partners. We would look to set up an office in the heart of Lagos which is the market hub of Nigeria. It is here that the tech and business sectors can be found.A view of the office can be found here.
M1 2018 April:
- Establish Dash office in Lagos
- Launch Dash bloggers competition
- Initiate Dash Academy and begin reaching out to ambassadors
M2 2018 May:
- Set up DashCart and begin offering Jumia and Konga gift cards
M3 2018 June:
- Invite first entrepreneurs to speak at Dash Academy
- Sponsor Nigeria Facebook writing competition
- Expand DashCart website to sell cards from other ecommerce store
A detailed spreadsheet US-dollar of costs is available HERE.
Project budget is 73.20 Dash
+ Contingency allowance 10% 7.32 Dash
+ Management Fee 5 Dash
+ Proposal Fee 5 Dash
+ Escrow Fee 5 Dash
= 95.52 Dash total budget requested
Monthly escrowed payments of 26.84 Dash will paid by Dash Africa in accordance with monthly milestone completion.
The foregoing initiatives represent the crux of our plans for helping Nigeria spearhead Dash adoption throughout Africa. Based on the groundwork that Dash Squard have already put in, we have seen the appetite that exists for cryptocurrencies and Dash in particular. Every member of the team is passionate about the emancipating power of cryptocurrency, and has witnessed first-hand the ways in which it has already changed the lives of Nigerians for the better.
We will ensures complete transparency and accountability. By proactively seeking to promote Dash during a pivotal time for cryptocurrency adoption nationally and globally, we are confident that we can help Dash become the dominant cryptocurrency in Nigeria. Alternative cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, which lack the framework or organizational structure for such initiatives, are unable to compete in this manner.
Nigeria’s demand for cryptocurrency is growing daily. Project Two Million will meet that demand, and help Dash gain a crucial foothold in the country. In the process, it will become a multi-purpose asset that is suitable for a multitude of everyday uses: a cryptocurrency for the many, and not just the few.
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!