Proposal “gb-201701“ (Completed)Back
|Title:||General Bytes: Making Dash a First Class Citizen|
|Monthly amount:||60 DASH (1939 USD)|
|Completed payments:||3 totaling in 180 DASH (0 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2017-10-19 / 2018-01-16 (added on 2017-10-27)|
|Votes:||1046 Yes / 66 No / 13 Abstain|
DASH - GB ATM and POS Infrastructure upgrade
A Proposal to enable full Dash support (including InstantSend) on all GENERAL BYTES BATM and Point of Sale (POS) terminals in existence and future ATM and POS machines sold.â€‹
GENERAL BYTES Company Overview
GENERAL BYTES is a Bitcoin and blockchain based technology provider. We are currently best known for our range of cryptocurrency ATMs but also offer point of sale terminals and an array of blockchain based services. Some interesting data points on our company are:
- Original Manufacturer - GENERAL BYTES designs, manufactures and sells cryptocurrency ATMs since late 2013 and is currently the 2nd largest ATM brand worldwide according to coinatmradar.com
- Innovator - GENERAL BYTES was the first to introduce fingerprint readers, NFC cards for use on cryptocurrency ATMs, POS terminals and is home to many other innovations in the cryptocurrency ecosphere.
- Fast mover - In 2017 year GENERAL BYTES sold over 600 cryptocurrency ATMs and counting!
- Dash supporter - Our ATMs have been supporting cash-to-Dash transactions since Feb 2017 and most (if not all!) of the ATMs worldwide currently selling DASH have been manufactured by our company. Besides that, GENERAL BYTES is currently the largest Dash supporting ATM network worldwide but we think we can do even better!
- Complete solution - In addition to our range of ATMs we also offer Point of Sale Terminals (CortexPay) for a full-circle cryptocurrency implementations.
- Solid partner - We support our customers with frequent updates so they continue to operate while the ecosystem around them changes (new coins/coin forks/protocol updates/regulations). We also sponsor hacker congresses such as hcpp.cz and support new initiatives in the cryptocurrency industry.
We will make Dash a first class citizen on our cryptocurrency platform and enable full DASH support on all our products. This will help increase real-world Dash adoption as the InstantSend technology is really ideally suited for this type of application. (ATM and POS)
By making Dash a first class citizen on our platform we will deliver the following within the specified time-frame should this proposal be approved:
- Enable Dash-to-cash functionality on our two-way ATM models. (models: BATMThree and RCKit). Currently DASH is supported on the BATMTwo, BATMThree and RCKit models for the Cash-to-Dash exchange direction. (one-way ATM operation). Cryptocurrency-to-Cash support (two-way ATM operation) is currently only available for Bitcoin and Litecoin on the ATM models BATMThree and RCKit. Our proposal will enable Dash-to-cash functionality in the same way as implemented for Bitcoin and Litecoin on the BATMThree and RCKit models!
- We will add full support for Dash on our Point of sale terminal product, CortexPay. CortexPay currently supports Bitcoin and Litecoin only but this proposal will add Dash as the 3rd option to an already great POS product.
- Did we mention that all of the above mentioned new features will contain support for InstantSend? (Fantastic yes, we thought so too!)
- Implementing the features above will have added side effects (good ones!) like DASH support in the coin.cz blockchain explorer. (yeey! Another Dash block explorer!)
- Good stuff comes in small packages! We'll throw in support for DASH xpubs in our products so you can accept transactions directly into your Dash hardware wallet and we'll also make sure the NFC wallet cards dispensed by the BATMThree range of ATMs will also be working with the DASH cryptocurrency on ATMs and CortexPay point of sale system.
- GENERAL BYTES has sold over 800 ATMs, over 445 are listed as currently on-line on coinatmradar.com. We will make available a (free) downloadable update for all existing ATMs, effectively enabling full Dash support in all machines sold by us since 2013 and future ATMs sold by GENERAL BYTES. Please note that while we will make the update available, we can't force the operator to configure Dash on their ATM.
We commit to have above mentioned implemented, tested and ready to be downloaded as software update before 1.1.2018 for all our existing cryptocurrency ATM owners plus will have these awesome new DASH features built in standard in any future ATMs shipped by GENERAL BYTES.
2017 Dec 1st: Deliverables 2 and 4. Blockexplorer will be operational and Dash will be supported on the Cortexpay Point of sale terminals.
2018 Jan 1st: Deliverables 1 3 5 and 6. Support for 2-way Dash ATM support, InstantSend, Dash xpubs and NFC wallet cards and general availability and distribution of software upgrade.
We have calculated the total cost of this proposal to roughly 50 000 USD.
This will include two months of development by 2 developers, a third person to coordinate the development process, provide for properly testing of the final output and the preparation of tutorials and instruction videos to instruct ATM operators on how to enable the new Dash functionality in their ATMs and point of sale terminals.
We have agreed to work with GreenCandle on this proposal and they will hold all funds in escrow and act on behalf of the Dash Network to ensure we deliver on our promises. We will be signing an official contract with GreenCandle that outlines the proposed scope of work and schedule as well as the delivery of the funding milestones.
Table 1 - Total Costs Requested
|Developers||35000||USD||2 full-time developers for two months|
|Coordinator||8000||USD||1 Project lead / coordinator for two months|
|Testing||5000||USD||Testing / debugging and creation of instr. videos|
|Maintenance||2000||USD||Reserved for unforeseen costs / future maintenance|
|Proposal Fee||5||DASH||Fee for registering this proposal on the Dash network|
|Total||180||DASH||50.000 USD equals roughly 175 Dash (rate 2017-10-26)|
We are requesting 3 monthly payments of 60 DASH to accomplish this. Funds will be held in Escrow by Green Candle Inc (greencandle.io) to ensure the Dash community that all deliverables are met. Given time and schedule of deliverables (deliverables Dec 1st / Jan 1st) we propose to split the ask in 3. Proposed dates are 2017-11-03, 2017-12-03, 2018-01-03.
Why support us?
- We always deliver on our promise. In many cases we overdeliver or manage to beat our own deadlines!
- Solid support on hardware platforms like BATM and Cortexpay will boost Dash adoption.
- A Boost for DASH support in already existing and deployed ATMs and Point of Sale Terminals.
- This is a real proposal that adds value to the entire Dash ecosystem, not just an individual.
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!