Proposal “bitplus“ (Closed)Back
|Title:||BitPlus: Expanding Merchant Adoption|
|One-time payment:||1008 DASH (55125 USD)|
|Completed payments:||no payments occurred yet (1 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-01-17 / 2018-02-16 (added on 2018-01-16)|
|Final voting deadline:||in passed|
|Votes:||544 Yes / 339 No / 71 Abstain|
BitPlus: Expanding Merchant AdoptionTL;DR GreenCandle is proud to present this unique and groundbreaking opportunity to the Masternode owners. Through the first phase of this partnership with the BitPlus Network, we intend to bring 165 new businesses to Dash Nation. These businesses will be onboarded with a fully functional Point-of-Sale system, Acadia POS, which will be exclusively integrated with Dash.
- BitPlus Network will sign up 158 brick and mortar businesses in the US and 20 in Ghana, all of who will be provided with sponsored hardware from the Dash community. The hardware the merchants will receive will be branded with Dash decal and merchants will be provided with “We Accept Dash” window decal stickers.
- The POS systems received by these merchants will be pre-programmed to exclusively accept Dash for the next 3 years and merchants will receive technical support with their Dash transactions.
- Merchants will receive a micro-loan, software support and advertising.
- Acadia POS will provide merchants with the support they need to process Dash transactions.
- All customers who shop with these merchants and pay with Dash will receive 15% off.
- Funds will be escrowed through GreenCandle. An upfront capital injection will be made from GC to BitPlus to allow for the launch of the Dash MVP platform. After this is ready to launch GC and BitPlus will meet monthly and for each new business on boarded with a signed contract funds will be dispensed to BitPlus.
- Customers can still process old fashioned Visa/MC/Cash transactions with the platform
1000 Dash - Onboard 165 new Dash accepting businesses & Dash plugin development/integration
950 Dash - United States & Canada
Total # of merchants on-boarded: 158
Each merchant would receive an average of $6000:
- $1500 (~1870 CAD) for Hardware
- $1500 (~1870 CAD) for Advertising : Merchants advertise their business and Dash via media outlets
- $1500 (~1870 CAD) for Support : Includes set-up, technical support
- $1500 (~1870 CAD) for Micro-loan
40 Dash - Ghana
Total # of merchants on-boarded: 20
Each merchant would receive an average of $2000 (9,026 GHS):
- $500 (~2,256 GHS) for Hardware
- $500 (~2,256 GHS) for Advertising : Merchants advertise their business and Dash via media outlets
- $500 (~2,256 GHS) for Support : Includes set-up, technical support, etc.
- $500 (~2,256 GHS) for Micro-loan : Working capital, business expansion, etc.
1000 Dash - Merchant Adoption Program through BitPlus
5.01 Dash - Proposal Fee
3 Dash - Escrow Fee
1008.01 Dash Total Ask
Why BitPlus Network?
BitPlus Network’s platform provides multiple solutions for merchants to manage their business operations, the two major being an interaction management system and a Point-of-Sale system. Acadia POS system includes features such as general checkout, report generation, inventory management/forecasting, employee tracking, customer data management and much more.
Acadia POS’ modular platform allows for their developers to build in custom solutions for their clients and the industry at large. This includes the development of plugins to accept cryptocurrency as payment. In partnership with Dash, Acadia POS will serve as :
1) Point-of sale system allowing merchants to accept Dash as a form of payment
2) A terminal that allows individuals to buy and sell Dash.
Who benefits from this Proposal?
Both the Dash Nation and the BitPlus Network benefit from this proposal. Adoption of Dash will naturally increase as businesses now have a platform in which they can implement Dash. Merchants using Acadia POS will able to adopt Dash without feeling discouraged about learning a new technology or having to take time away from managing their own businesses. With an increase of merchants onboarding Acadia POS, the BitPlus Network benefits, as their goal of increasing merchant adoption of cryptocurrency will continue to be fulfilled.
What’s in it for the Dash Network?
Like any other form of currency, a cryptocurrency needs adoption in order to become more successful (and in turn more valuable). By integrating into the BitPlus POS system, Dash will be able to achieve more mainstream adoption by providing a platform for businesses to accept Dash as a form of payment, in addition to facilitating P2P Dash transactions.
Today, the biggest barrier to mainstream retailer adoption of crypto is the difficulty in integrating support into their POS systems. Acadia POS is built from the ground up as a cryptocurrency friendly platform, allowing the network to provide merchants with the support they need to learn and understand how to engage in Dash transactions. The more support merchants receive in their adoption of Dash, the more incentivized they become to use and evangelize about Dash.
It is our goal to make sure that all four of the pillars of a successful GreenCandle proposal are touched in this offering. This means the proposal owner needs to win, Dash Nation needs to win, the Customer needs to win, and the Masternode Owners.
Dash needs merchants and increased adoption. BitPlus Network knows how to get those customers with their Acadia POS product and aggressive sales strategy. Together, BitPlus and Dash can create an ecosystem of Dash merchants, while developing plugins and gathering important data, which can later be used to provide advanced services beyond retail point-of-sale.
In closing we need to give our sincere thanks for Cryptolib and all his hard work down in Ghana. It was Cryptolib who brought this lead to the Dash Network and without him we wouldn't have had the opportunity to get this proposal curated and into the budget system for voting. From everyone at GreenCandle thank you Cryptolib for being a great ambassador for Dash and leading the efforts on the ground!
Pre-proposal Thread: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-pos-plugin-merchant-acquisition-for-accepting-buying-and-selling-dash.23383/
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!