Proposal “RenewAirlineIn-FlightMediaCampaignwithUn“ (Active)Back
|Title:||Renew Airline In-Flight Media Campaign with United Airlines added|
|Monthly amount:||328 DASH (77045 USD)|
|Completed payments:||no payments occurred yet (3 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2017-08-18 / 2017-11-13 (added on 2017-08-09)|
|Final voting deadline:||in 13 days|
|Votes:||456 Yes / 71 No / 39 Abstain|
|Will be funded:||No. This proposal needs additional 72 Yes votes to become funded.|
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):|
gobject vote-many b0d7abb61eef32800cf917bb95021f678cd0d659cf58509bd2f880e0b041bb53 funding yes
Please login or create a new DashCentral account for comfortable one button voting!
Renew Airline In-Flight Media Campaign with United Airlines added
Our Team would like to renew the Airline In-flight Ads for another three months with United Airlines added to the proposal as United airlines has recently approved our
advertisement content. This will effectively double the exposure of the previous campaign by including another airline with destinations to the Caribbean and parts of South America.
We propose renewing the 90 second video infomercial on American, Virgin America, and United Airlines. The Ad will run for a 3-month period (six months with Virgin America) reaching about 4,355,000 people per month for a total of 13,065,000. These segments will run on the video screens located on the aircraft seat backs. Most commercials will air twice per flight on average.
The video is titled “What is Dash” and has been edited to remove 11 seconds to meet the airlines standards and time allocation.
We believe that this video is the best one available to introduce people to Dash. The video is located here https://www.dropbox.com/s/et93gz1f7kcugwe/DashEdit1%283%29.mp4?dl=0
The cost is 328 Dash per month for three months. We added an additional 20 Dash (~6%) to ensure that we can run the Ad if the market takes a downward swing
(The 20 Dash is included in the 328 Dash total). We also request 5 Dash for reimbursement of the proposal fee (The 5 Dash is included in 328 Dash Total).
The estimated number of views for this advertising campaign is approximately 13,065,000. That’s about $.0045 per view (4.52 cpm rate). Adding United Airlines will double our
reach with premium placement.
Why is airline advertising effective?
In a fast-changing digital world, it is becoming increasingly difficult to reach consumers on the go. In-flight video programming is one last remaining ways to effectively
reach millions of passengers in a captive, controlled environment. With in-flight programming; we can reach an emotional connection with an exceptional demographic, through an engaging video feature. People pay attention to a good story with captivating visuals. Frequent flyers are successful professionals with sophisticated tastes and the income to pursue their interests. In-flight media programming places traditional advertising in front of these elusive consumers at a time when they are not distracted by the
internet, cell phones or on-demand devices.
Why is United Airlines advertising effective?
Each month United Airlines features the greatest finds around the world on the LiveTV displays on United's default channel—the only free programming option for United Airlines passengers. More than 75% of all passenger’s view content here during flight, and onboard reporting confirms the actual exposure each month. The video will be available on 17,000 flights each month on Live TV equipped narrow body aircrafts serving North America, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and parts of South America. All featured segments air within the first 60 minutes of free programming on the LiveTV default channel.
Some more facts:
- Most viewers agree that in-flight television is a good way to pass time.
- 58% of airline program members who typically take flights that offer television programming usually watch it. More than 75% watch on United flights.
- 47% of those who watched the programming could remember the specific ad that was shown.
- 36% of those who take flights that offer video entertainment have watched it on at least three out of their four past flights.
Customer demographics and statistics
|Advertising rate: $40,000/month |
Our negotiated price: $34,000/month
Median age: 47
Average Household Income (HHI): $136,000
Average Home value: $327,300
College Educated 91 %
Post Graduate degree 33%
Employment: Managerial 61%
Employment: Top Management 18%
The United Airlines program reaches our target audience for 90 consecutive days, in a captive and receptive environment, potentially reaching 6,300,000 people.
Seat back Video On-Demand is offered cabin-wide on select aircraft flying in the US and international routes with average flights times of about 3 hours.
North America, Hawaii, the Caribbean and parts of South America.
|Advertising rate: $14,500/month||Our negotiated price: $10,500/month|
|Demographics:||Median age: 47|
|Male 49%||Female 51%|
Average Household Income (HHI): $111,900
Average Home value: $315,616
College Education Index: 187
Post Graduate degree index: 216
The American airlines program reaches our target audience for 90 consecutive days beginning December 2017, in a captive and receptive environment, potentially reaching 2,865,000 people of which 300,000 are business or First-class passengers.
Seat back Video On-Demand is offered cabin-wide on select A330 and 777 aircraft flying international routes.
Domestic routes include:
Dallas-Fort Worth, New York (JFK & LGA), Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Washington DC.
Virgin America Airlines
Advertising rate: $19,500/2 months
Our negotiated price:$15,000/2 months
|Demographics:||Ages 18-49 66%|
|Male 52% ||Female 48%|
|Average Household Income (HHI): $100,000+|
The Virgin America program reaches potentially 3,900,000 people on over 30,000 flights, during 180 consecutive days, in a very captive and receptive environment.
Domestic routes include:
Los Angeles, Dallas-Love Field, New York (JFK, LGA, & EWR), Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC (Dulles & Reagan), San Diego, Austin, Seattle, Portland, Palm
Springs, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Denver, Maui, Baltimore, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Nashville, Indianapolis, Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, and Kona.
International Routes include:
Cancún, Los Cabos Puerto Vallarta
Seat back video on all flights
Why is In-flight media preferred over TV?
A national TV commercial in 2011 cost about $345,000 in production costs alone. The cost to run the ad in a popular nationally televised program during 2011 was more than $100,000.
This infomercial will reach typically affluent and well-educated people, who for one reason or another, are trapped on an airline for several hours. We can reach a captive audience of about 13,065,000 people for a grand total of 328 Dash. United is the world’s 3rd largest airline and has better advertisement placement than the other airlines.
Once again, we believe this campaign will educate people about Dash and those people will spread the word around the world for a fraction of the cost of a typical TV
advertisement. The cost per thousand (CPM) rate is about $4.52.
Our team consists of an IT professional with over ten years’ experience, an artist, and two retirees that have over forty years of experience in special event
management and marketing. We also have over 50 years’ experience working with contracts with State and Federal governments.
We have several other unique proposals in work now and we would appreciate your support of this proposal so that we may move forward with more exciting ones.
Let’s create some beneficial exposure for Dash!
1. USD/Dash price based on the 30 day average market rate at closing. That rate is one Dash equals $195.00 as listed on coinmarketcap.com.
2. We have confirmation that our previous proposal will be fulfilled by airing on American Airlines in November, and Virgin America Airlines in October and November. Proof of performance documents will be provided by each airline at the end of the Advertisement run dates.
3. We are currently in the process of translating the “What is Dash” video into Spanish and Japanese with funds remaining from the last proposal. These videos are being translated and dubbed by Trusted Translations and will be made available to the Dash community to use on the website, or for other marketing endeavors.
4. The United Airlines and American Airlines Ad will run after the current run cycle ends in Nov. 2017, for three consecutive months.
6. The Virgin America Ad will run for six consecutive months after the current Ad cycle ends in Nov. 2017.
7. Project Managers: Kerry Smith (Doewapapus), Zachary Smith (Metasync). Team members: Jim Conley and Jenna Vaziri (jv.darkroom). All four are stakeholders as we currently own Dash.
8. There are no major risks or constraints associated with this campaign other than the market price volatility of Dash. We have added 20 Dash (~6%) or to this proposal to
compensate for any possible downward market swing. If the market goes down by more the 6% we will attempt to renegotiate the price with the airlines so that we can run the Ads with the given amount of Dash.
9. Proof of performance: Advertisement runs will be certified and provided in written form by each airline.
10. Any unused funds will be used for future proposals.
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!