Proposal “Poker-World“ (Completed)Back
|Title:||Bringing Dash to the Poker World|
|Monthly amount:||27 DASH (1769 USD)|
|Completed payments:||3 totaling in 81 DASH (0 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-01-17 / 2018-04-17 (added on 2018-01-11)|
|Final voting deadline:||in passed|
|Votes:||0 Yes / 0 No / 0 Abstain|
The poker community is a massive untapped resource for Dash. Online poker players have been among the earliest adopters and users of BTC as an actual currency as opposed to simply an investment vehicle. With BTC's days as a functional currency in the rearview mirror, Dash is the logical candidate to fill that void. Thousands of players watch our videos and listen to our podcasts each week. We love Dash, and believe they will too. We offer a promotional campaign aimed at educating and exciting this audience about Dash.
Who We Are:
What’s up, masternode overlords? We’re Jonathan Levy and Grant Denison, AKA The Poker Guys. We are professional poker players who have been creating popular poker videos and podcasts for over four years, building an audience of nearly 23,000 YouTube subscribers. Each week, we produce:
- One video in our “Breakdown” series - a hardcore analysis of a poker hand for advanced players.
- Two long form poker analysis podcasts (audio only).
- One video in our “Poker Time” series - a poker cash game produced and commentated by us.
- One “Poker Time Highlight Hand” video - the most exciting hand from that week’s Poker Time.
We cumulatively get over 70,000 views and listens on these shows each month.
Examples of each of these are at the bottom of this proposal.
A quick note about our audience:
Our audience is comprised of mainly hardcore poker players, a group well known for being among the earliest adopters of cryptocurrency. Unlike a large majority of the cryptoverse, they do not simply invest (although they do plenty of that and it dominates talk at the poker table these days), but they also actively use it to facilitate deposits and withdrawals from online poker sites, sportsbooks and casinos. Although many of them can speak knowledgeably about Bitcoin, almost none of them understand the incredible benefits Dash offers as a functional currency.
What We’re Offering:
We propose full scale Dash promotion to our crypto savvy audience for three months. This would be in the form of:
- An educational video we produce and star in outlining the benefits and uses of Dash. Every time we promote Dash throughout the rest of our campaign we will refer to this video and make a link available so our audience can better understand how Dash is superior and cheaper for their needs.
- A 30 second Dash promotion by us in a Breakdown video each week.
- A 30 second Dash promotion by us in a Poker Time video each week.
- The Dash logo prominently displayed on the felt (poker table) during Poker Time. This will be seen somewhere between 50-150 times per Poker Time episode.
- Dash giveaways on Twitter and to Poker Time viewers that we will promote on our social media platforms.
- The Poker Time Highlight Hand will be rebranded as the Dash Highlight Hand and include a link to the Dash educational video we create.
- A two-minute Dash promotion during two Breakdown podcasts per week.
Additionally, we hope to be Dash ambassadors to the online gambling world. We've already reached out to some major sites about the possibility of implementing Dash and we hope to go much further with this.
Budget: 80 Dash over 3 months (5 for proposal fee, 25 Dash/month)
- Breakdown Video Promotion: 6 Dash/month
- Poker Time Video Promotion: 6 Dash/month
- Dash Highlight Hand: 4 Dash/month
- Dash Giveaways: 2.5 Dash/month
- Dash Logo on Poker Time Felt: 1 Dash/month
- Breakdown Podcast Audio Promotion: 3 Dash/month
- Dash Educational Video: 7.5 Dash (one time cost) We believe this video is a lynchpin in this campaign which is why we will spend significantly more to ensure it’s quality. We will rent out special studio space and equipment to achieve this.
If the price of Dash goes down significantly, we will still complete this project in its entirety.
We will post all of our Dash campaign content in this forum as it comes out.
Examples of our videos and podcasts:
Poker analysis video (go forward to :30 to skip the ad):
Poker cash game video:
Short highlight hand from cash game:
Thank you for your consideration. We welcome and encourage any feedback or questions you may have.
Jonathan Levy and Grant Denison
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!