Proposal “Dash_Watch_Third_Proposal_Oct-Nov_2018“ (Completed)Back
|Title:||Dash Watch Third Proposal Oct 2018|
|Monthly amount:||117 DASH (7694 USD)|
|Completed payments:||3 totaling in 351 DASH (0 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-09-17 / 2018-12-15 (added on 2018-09-19)|
|Votes:||713 Yes / 59 No / 9 Abstain|
Dash Watch Third Proposal
Dash Watch is submitting a proposal for three months of funding with an ask of 117 Dash or 21,500USD per month at $186/Dash which represents a 70% reduction from our prior proposal out of our concern for the welfare of other proposals. We have stopped web development and cut our salaries significantly (two of us completely) as of a few months ago in order that our proposal could last two additional months without requesting funding at a time when funding for other crucial proposals was very constrained.
Despite the limited budget, we hope that you agree that the work and progress we have made towards greater awareness and accountability of proposals is important, and that it should be continued despite the limited budget. With your support, we hope to continue doing monthly follow-up and reports on all active proposals, along with more detailed reports, video interviews, and financial reviews on proposals the community would like us to take a more in-depth look at.
The latest Dash Watch report can be viewed HERE which highlights the new style of reports coming in September
Dash Watch seeks to create a site that will house the most accurate, relevant, and up-to-date information on all ongoing proposals. Dash Watch will also publish monthly reports for masternode owners and community members. These reports will help readers grasp the current scope and progress of treasury proposals and increase accountability.
Key Proposal Hypotheses:
- Tracking and reporting on funded proposals will increase the accountability of proposal owners work
- Then MNO community will be able to make more informed decisions about funding projects by reading Dash Watch monthly reports and reviewing the metrics found on dashwatch.org
- Dash Watch will be responsive to changes and improvements brought forward by MNOs
Dash Watch has produced 320 monthly reports and videos for Dash-funded proposals covering proposal status, milestone delivery, expenditures and additional news posted on dashwatch.org since February.
New Key Proposal Hypotheses and Key Performance Indicators have been added to allow MNOs to better gauge proposal value on a monthly basis.
Milestone verification has been added to all reports, allowing MNOs to easily see which milestones listed by the proposal owner have supporting documentation, and are verified as being complete.
Dash Watch performed a comprehensive review of all funded proposals to identify common pain points that can be addressed in the pre-proposal phase. A summary of these results can be found HERE. The Dash Watch team is working with Dash Nexus to find ways to address these issues systematically.
Dash Watch conducted a two-day full audit report with Kuvacash co-founder Drako Kerdemelidis including a two-hour video interview HERE, financial audit, and a review of the Kuva Application and software to confirm its functionality HERE. Dash Watch has also conducted video interviews with HERE Scott Farnsworth regarding his FanDuel proposal HERE, and with John Clark, the CEO of Bit to Byte, HERE.
Dash Watch has sought to improve community engagement with reports, including producing a spreadsheet that links all of the completed reports for a given month with those that can be voted on at the top. This document is shared directly with the community on twitter HERE and DashNation Discord.
Dash Watch has been able to extend its run rate to 5 months from the initial 3 months indicated in the proposal by stopping web development, reducing the compensation for the report team and cutting compensation completely for the project manager and of one the team members. Dash Watch will have exhausted all funds by the end of this month and will therefore be requesting additional funding in the September budget cycle to continue providing services.
Additional work completed
- Dash Watch has published a video with Fernando of DCG and Jesse of Wachsman to provide clarity on marketing and PR activity HERE
- Community concern reports Dash Venezuela Expenditures HERE, Dash Africa-Dash Leopard dispute HERE and Green Candle-Dash Boost HERE.
- In-depth summary report for Dash Embassy HERE
- MNO Guide to Dash Venezuela and Dash Caracas HERE
- Support documents have been created to help proposal owners clearly define the key proposal hypotheses and key performance indicators they are going to be tracking and providing for Dash Watch reports HERE
- Continued to add new proposals, metrics, events, milestones and reports to dashwatch.org
- Mediated Dash Boost and Green Candle dispute as an objective third party
- Continued to answer numerous direct questions from individual MNOs about proposals and gather specific information when requested
- Core calendar events added to the Dash Watch site
Monthly Budget Allocation
Four Person Reporting and Research Team (does not include project manager paragon): $14,500
Data Verification and Data Entry: $1,600
Project Management: $3,000
Web Hosting and Reporting Software/Miscellaneous: $400
Contingency 10%: $2,000
Note: We have never and will never take on the risks or benefits of appreciation or depreciation in the price of Dash. Any Dash appreciation has always and will always be rolled over to allow additional months of reporting to continue without requesting additional funding and any shortfall will be requested in a future proposal.
- Continue producing detailed monthly reports on active and ongoing proposals
- Continue producing video interviews and content on Dash-funded proposals
- Continue to engage with MNOs to add additional features and components to the work we do to add value to the network
- Continue doing more detailed verification reports for proposals that require additional attestations and due diligence work
- Dash Watch reports posted on Dash Nexus
- Continued work with DCG to update the community on PR and marketing efforts
- Best practice guides and write ups for proposal categories
- Meta analysis of previously funded proposals
- Ensure GreenCandle and DashBoost dispute reaches a transparent and equitable conclusion
- Video tutorial showing proposal owners the most efficient way to provide Dash Watch with your monthly update.
- Continue to improve and professionalize the structure and appearance of Dash Watch reports
Feedback and comments are appreciated and welcome as we continue to evolve and improve the service we provide to the Dash community.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Discord as paragon, DashWatchTeam, Dash-Al, GJacobs123, MattDash, or peytondw
Thanks your support and we look forward to continuing to serve the masternodes and community!
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!