Proposal “DashRedOct2018toJan2019“ (Completed)Back
|Title:||DASH.RED: Sticky Dash Faucet with 8800 Verified Venezuelan Dash Users, over 3000 Dash Transactions per Day, Injecting Dash into the Venezuelan Economy since Aug 2017|
|Monthly amount:||66 DASH (3879 USD)|
|Completed payments:||4 totaling in 264 DASH (0 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-09-17 / 2019-01-14 (added on 2018-09-14)|
|Votes:||821 Yes / 141 No / 32 Abstain|
A working and production-tested sticky Dash faucet used by 8,800 verified unique Venezuelan Dash users to earn up to 50,000 duffs per person per day to spend at Dash merchants in Venezuela, generating up to 3,400 new Dash transactions per day.
Follow our Progress
Frequently Asked Questions
- Inject Dash into the Latin American economy, especially at Venezuelan Dash merchants, while creating a memorable and fun Dash marketing experience for new Dash users.
- Guide, verify and advise Dash projects across Latin America by making in-person visits, creating media and educating Dash merchants and users in Spanish.
- Dash.red is a critical first step for the Venezuela Dash mass adoption strategy, serving as an entry point for new Dash users to get their first Dash.
- Dash.red gets Dash into Venezuela and thereby generates real Dash spending at our merchants, remedying a weak spot in Dash’s current Venezuela strategy.
- Dash.red historically generates up to 33% of all on-chain Dash transactions on a daily basis, up to 3,400 small transactions per day, which, if this proposal is approved, would represent as much as a 53% increase in current daily Dash transaction volume.
- Dash.red’s gaming-based marketing keeps Dash on the minds of 10,000 Venezuelans, incentivizing them to come back daily and build an enduring relationship with Dash that supports our merchants and the entire Dash Venezuela ecosystem.
- Dash.red make learning about Dash fun for countless Venezuelans who are unable to attend the Dash Venezuela conferences.
- 3,000+ on-chain Dash transactions per day, once again, by Jan 1, 2019.
- 7,000+ Venezuelan Dash users with new Dash to spend at Dash merchants in Venezuela by Jan 1, 2019.
- Distribution of up to 250 Dash.red certificates/airdrops (500,000 duffs each) to attendees of the Dash Latam Business Fair in Medellín, Colombia October 27, 2018.
- 10,000+ verified Dash users in Latin America, including their confirmed email addresses.
- 507,000 small Dash payments completed on the network during 2017 and 2018, as much as 33% of daily on-chain Dash transaction counts.
- 9 games playable via any web browser that enable users to get small amounts of Dash.
- 3,436 Dash.red YouTube subscribers, 197,454 video views and 249 videos.
Follow our Progress
- Website: https://dash.red
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/dashred
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dash_red_games
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dash.red.games/
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why “red”? Red is an easy to remember top level domain which in Spanish means “network.”
- Is Dash.red a gambling site? No, it is a gaming-based Dash faucet for Latin America 100%-financed by the DAO since August 2017, almost all of its users being Venezuelans, that pays out a limited daily amount of Dash for time spent playing. It is impossible to deposit Dash with Dash.red - Dash.red only pays, because it is a faucet.
- Where can I verify these 507,000 transactions? Download here: https://dash.red/dash_red_payouts_through_aug_2018.zip [ 41,376 kb - csv file]
- How do you know the users are unique? Dash.red users verify themselves, before receiving any Dash, by recording a YouTube video.
- Is 50,000 duffs a meaningful amount? Yes. Dash.red users keep coming back day after day until they accumulate enough to buy something at a Dash merchant. In 10 days, it is easy to accumulate 500,000 duffs!
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!
Dash.Red by ec1warc1
Dash.red by ec1warc1
DASH.RED by ec1warc1
We have produced more content in Spanish that educates people and that gives them the opportunity to own a piece of Dash than anyone else! We have published 34 videos in the past 30 days that have generated thousands and thousands of views.
Sure even Coinbase gives away free money, but they earn it back in fee's.
These are not 'real' transactions indicative of a scalable use case - they are simply transactions that give away 'free' money (which isn't actually free at all, it costs us). A proper solution to the problem of providing Dash to people in VZ needs to emerge - along the lines of actual remittances; that I can support, but not this.
As well as the above facts, marketing and promotion initiatives in a bear market do not provide meaningful value, nor do they help us 'pull away' from any other crypto's.
I've noted Edwards consistent improvements etc to Dash.red
Noting the comments: I'm no socialist either. I don't see this project as socialist. Things are best earned and that comes via the website game engagement. Plus, this is marketing and distributing.
If you want to see that people come back day after day, there is plenty of evidence of that on the blockchain. Please download the transaction list and review it in a spreadsheet program where you will find that hundreds of dash addresses have received more than 50 transactions over the months, one per day (sort the Dash address column). Some quick examples were easy to find: Xam2b13Rf8KVhnVszkPSLvtbnEQ6cski8J, XaoftxrwS9e3y17RAbB1V2HXLLmVd5wG1K, XaxaUWNQcxWCE11cMbi3gJsLbaefaGRrdz, XaybNhYpiK7FLFmTSpwK1WsHpmq9znguNq (review in a blockchain explorer)
Dash.red has given away 216 Dash since August 2017, and has done so in more than 500,000 transactions.
Our users are free to spend or save their dash as they wish. Furthermore, we have not been giving away duffs for the past 2 months.
Dash.red was there before the merchants got their run up in numbers. Now there are merchants, with few customers with Dash to spend. Dash.red can help fill that gap by providing Dash and information to thousands of eager people.
Dash.red is helping to inform our user base in Venezuela, even without financial support from the DAO. Recent examples:
Paula and I are committed to making Dash a success, especially in our home country of Colombia and in our neighboring country of Venezuela.
The last thing socialists need is more 'free' stuff.
Some outreach program would be better.
Just to be clear when I help my family or friends or Dash, I am not doing it for charity, I am doing it because I believe they can move forward, with a little push to get the wind in their sails.
Charity is giving a handout only to give out a handout again later, again and again.
A real time team game would require more development time and talent than I can offer at 66 Dash per month. It is just me and Paula to run the whole show!
Regarding playing from more than one device at the same time on one account: The system is already protected against that. You can read about it here:
Regarding sending a seed amount to an address: That turns the website into a gambling platform, and that is not what dash.red is about.
Regarding doubling user counts: That is actually easy. I have to put the brakes on user counts by requiring a video for verification. I can easily get more users. In fact, I believe that I can improve on the 3000 transactions per day, perhaps to get up to 4000 by January, I just cannot promise it.
It is difficult to give dash token as a marketing campaign continuously, but if I think that your site with: 10k users could take a lot of advantage to get through digital marketing and strategies increase several metrics and triple the number of users impacted with Dash (referrals, guests etc.)
These users are a springboard to create marketing synergies, keep in mind that you had 10k users on the site and that for many online projects is enough for start-up companies to get financing from capitals ventures to grow.
Let's see how the proposal evolves, thanks for the proposal.
I can only account for our own transactions and prove each and every one of them with a unique TXID. The best day we ever had was May 29, 2018 for 3,427 unique transactions, documented on twitter:
The website was smoking hot that day.
You can see a big dropoff in daily transactions starting August 3, when Dash.red went on vacation:
Once a given user gets his duffs, it is up to him to save, spend, or do with as he pleases. Each time a user spends, he creates yet another transaction but I don't believe it is possible to determine where the money goes.
Do you have any kinds of guides/resources/FAQs/landing pages/etc. set up so that new Dash users can get busy using it right away? I think having such a setup would immensely increase the value proposition of the project beyond where it already is.
Do they have to show their passport in the video or something?
The measures I take to prevent fraud are extremely effective but must be kept secret in order that they not become easily defeated. What I can say is that I watch every single verification video, one by one. I take a screenshot of each video and run the image through a freeware face recognition software to look for duplicates. This works well. I can review from 50 to 150 videos on most days.
I also look for multiple accounts using the same computer or same IP and matching them up and then comparing the photos taken from the videos. These stats are available to me at the moment I review the verification video. This cannot be defeated easily and users are notified of this in the terms of service of Dash.red.
Some people have made so many accounts with the same face that it becomes laughable because I recognize the person immediately. Sometimes people put on makeup, wear a hat, or use a disguise in an attempt to get a second, third or fourth account. It can be a source of hilarity for me. I have often returned the photo evidence to the user and in return have received emails of apology.
Every single user must play games for about 1 hour and then must withdraw and wait 24 hours to do so again. An IP address can be used once every 12 hours to withdraw. A Dash address can be used once every 24 hours in order to withdraw. These cannot be defeated.
What makes it all worthwhile is the incredible number of people who really love Dash.red and are hoping for a return to service. We recently posted two vacation videos on YouTube and have received many, many comments of adoration and thanks for what we have done for people with this promotion.
“Don’t know what you got, till it’s gone...”
Si, por supuesto.
Because from what I can tell you're games seem interesting enough, to this some what freemium approach, that will actually could result in a profitable website in the long run.
Side note, I have been a professional poker player in the past, I also enjoy gaming and some gambling as well.
Gaming for money is really is not the same as gambling for it from my experience.