Proposal “DashGuayanaVenezuelaPhase1“ (Active)Back
|Title:||Dash Guayana Phase 1 - Educational Conferences and Business Adoption in Venezuela|
|One-time payment:||184 DASH (90717 USD)|
|Completed payments:||no payments occurred yet (1 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-04-18 / 2018-05-18 (added on 2018-04-12)|
|Final voting deadline:||in 4 days|
|Votes:||215 Yes / 108 No / 11 Abstain|
|Will be funded:||No. This proposal needs additional 369 Yes votes to become funded.|
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):|
gobject vote-many 2dbf277907d528a36094609e273d4564ea632d7d627d46ab645a6581c2752e80 funding yes
Please login or create a new DashCentral account for comfortable one button voting!
Dash Guayana Team
Dash Guayana Team (“DGT”) is comprised of a tightly-nit group of high-achieving young professionals that have witnessed and participated in the outstanding Dash Caracas Conferences and will build upon the adoption of Dash in Guayana, Venezuela’s most industrialized and commercialized city. The justification for this proposal is based on a survey of local citizens, professionals and business leaders and will resolve their concerns by teaching them about the benefits of Dash and how it can be used every day in Venezuela, as a hedge and substitute for the failing Bolivar. This will result in increased adoption and usage of Dash as a currency in Venezuela, furthering the goal of making Venezuela the first Dash Nation!
DGT has partnered with Dash Help Venezuela, Dash Caracas and Dashop.io to create a force multiplier and get the best, most recent information and opportunities out to the local citizens and business leaders in Guayana.
DGT is led by Ezio Rojas (practicing lawyer and university professor) and his team will represent Dash well within Guayana. (IKF note: It is rare to have such highly-qualified and professional people representing Dash.)
Phase 1 of this project will host two (2) specialized conferences in Guayana with a focus on business adoption, education of general population and university student/professional adoption, all with escrow and mentorship by InstantKarmaFund. Future plans for this team are extensive to target all sectors and aspects of the economy and are listed in the proposal document and pre-proposal link (it is too large to fit here).
1. Benefits of this proposal for Dash:
- Replicate the positive results that the DASH Caracas/Venezuela conferences had,
under the leadership of Eugenia Alcalá, in Guayana City, achieving to spread the individual features and benefits of DASH as payment method and promoting its use.
- Achieve the massive adoption of DASH in Guayana City populated by more than 800.000 people. With this project, we’re looking to collaborate so that the adoption of DASH expands throughout the country, reaching a minimum of 750 new downloaded wallets in the two first conferences, in this way we’ll manage to make Venezuela become the DASH-Nation we want quicker, which implies the rise in the number of users and consolidate this as a payment method through the Venezuelan territory.
- To register a minimum of 40 businesses and entrepreneurs in Guayana City to accept DASH as payment method with our 2 first conferences, throughout this project we point out some of the obstacles that represents the economical crisis of the country in general for the businesses, by replicating the “Dash City” we’re showing how this currency constitutes a solution of the payment mechanisms in Venezuela and this will encourage them to accept it in their establishments.
- To circulate the currency: If the users know DASH, get their first currenciesthrough our giveaways, know how to use it and at the same time, businesses progressively start to accept it, we’ll manage to have an ecosystem in which the exchange of this currency turns into reality, which allows the constant flow of capital which benefits the quotation of DASH.
- To build an informed and participative community in Guayana City: DASH it’s characterized by the involvement of its users and the encouragement of them to work for the welfare of all. If we informed and educate people about those benefits, we’ll manage to consolidate a compromised and participative country
with the growing and development of DASH.
- Promote the economic development in Venezuela: Through the implementation of Dash as a payment method and even as asaving method that allows citizens to protect their assets in a more solid currency than Bolívar (Which is constantly devalued).
- Generate employment: Across all of our staff or logistics team who receives their payments in Dash, contributing with their income generation, being translated into an improvement in their quality of life.
- Promote the development of the economic dynamics in Guayana through Dash: By encouraging users to pay with it and establishments to receive itand to pay their employees with this cryptocurrency, we can avoid the "brain drain" in our nation. Young talented people, as soon as they graduate from university, leave the country looking for better job opportunities, especially because of the low salaries in bolivars; using Dash would help young people have an incentive to stay and continue to work for the country.
2. Project explanation and goal:
“I think that this technology thing it’s something good, but I have little information in the
subject, there are few people that know how to explain to us what the cryptocurrency is about” Citizen of Guayana City.
Our main purpose is to spread the benefits of DASH toachieve its MASSIVE adoption as payment method in Guayana City, Venezuela. We have seen that people has a lot of interest in the cryptocoins, but doesn’t know which are the best options among this and how to start using them. That is why we propose the creation of a DASH community in Guayana, through the
implementation of conferences, that allow the supply of solid and professional information to the population about the subject and also show how these are used in the practice to simplify the payments.
DASH has become very popular in Venezuela thanks ofthe efforts of DASH Caracas/Venezuela, under the leadership of Eugenia Alcalá. Nonetheless, given the geographical remoteness, it makes it very difficult for people in Guayana City to go to the capital for the realization of events and conferences sponsored by DASH Caracas/DASH Venezuela, therefore, we have decided to impulse the first 2 conferences being held in Guayana City, promoting the creation of a DASH community in this location and its massive adoption by its citizens.
If we really want Venezuela to become a DASH Nation and uses this currency in a MASSIVE way
in short term, we must promote its adoption in different regions of the country.
3. The problem
In Venezuela, given the peculiar economical situation and above all thanks to the pushing spirit of its citizens, it has been realized important efforts from successful
initiatives to promote the adoption and popularization of DASH, like DASH Caracas, achieving the DASH conferences with more gauging worldwide and
replicating its work methodology in La Guaira, Los Teques and more recently Marcay, Aragua Estate.
Nonetheless, we observe a big potential in the country’s Eastern region population, specifically Guayana City, which is not being taking care of.
This city has a population of more than 800.000 people and represents an important center of exportation and commercialization of minerals like iron, aluminum,
gold and diamonds, which implies an important industrial and commercial movement, also because it is geographically close to tourist attractions such
as the Canaima National Park, where the Auyantepui is, which originates Angel Falls (highest waterfall in the world) becomes a tourist center of incalculable value.
Therefore, businesses and tourist centers could be main beneficiaries of Dash. Tourists can purchase Dash to interact with merchants instead of carrying wheelbarrows full of Bolivars. Banks have long lines and point of sale machines are out of the question because they regularly take an hour to confirm the credit card transaction. Imagine Bitcoin being faster than a credit card! That is the state of things in Guayana.
We also have 2 of the largest and most important rivers in the country, which implies a large hydroelectric potential that is used by the Macagua and Guri
power plants, which provide 72% of the country's electric power.
This economic potential is currently frustrated given the deficiency in the payment methods: lack of cash, poor connection in the points of sale, constant lost of
purchasing power of the official currency: the Bolivar. These factors generate long lines, tedious processes of shopping and nonconformity.
Being so, Venezuela is an opportunities germinator to implement opportune and effective payment methods like DASH, and also serve to the citizens as value
refuge and an alternative access system to the international exchange market.
After getting in touch with the DASH Caracas group, under the leadership of Eugenia Alcalá , and other important initiatives in the country like DASH Help Venezuela, being in charge Alejandro Echeverria, and seeing his important work, we considered necessary to make informative conferences, meetups and incentives that allow us to extend this information and the benefits of DASH to our region, so we can impulse the massive adoption of this currency towards a sector of the country avid of knowledge and solutions and building an active, participative and empowered DASH community in Guayana.
For more detailed plans and budget please see pre-proposal link It is too large to fit within the character limit at DashCentral.org
Performance-Based Payment Schedule*:
Dash Priced at $250 USD (Current Price $312 x .8)
*Any funds left-over will be dedicated towards future Phases of DGT Project.
If DGT Project Phase 2 doesn't get approved, funds will be donated to Dashboost.org
A separate wallet is created for this proposal with payment address at XbWtH8FwGdV9fZGTwrYt6jv3iEKQL3kMop
Block Explorer Link
Preparation for First Conference: $6,630 USD
Production of First Conference: $17,775 USD*
Milestone: On-boarding of minimum 20 merchants to discoverdash.com and/or dashop.io
Preparation for Second Conference: $2,030 USD
Production of Second Conference: 17,075 USD
Milestone: On-boarding of minimum 20 additional merchants to discoverdash.com and/or dashop.io
With the help of this community and the alliances with other initiatives of the country, we’re absolutely sure we can achieve the conversion of Venezuela into a true
DASH Nation, getting all its benefits to mitigate the effects of the economic crisis in the country due to the failing Bolivar. This implies a major volume of transactions for DASH and
a greater amount of active users as we succeed through the many phases of our plan to make DASH the most recognized and trusted cryptocurrency!
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!