Proposal “Dash4Africa“ (Closed)Back
|Title:||#Dash4Africa - Campaigning into 7 Countries|
|One-time payment:||246 DASH (14578 USD)|
|Completed payments:||no payments occurred yet (1 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-02-17 / 2018-03-19 (added on 2018-02-19)|
|Final voting deadline:||in passed|
|Votes:||216 Yes / 190 No / 95 Abstain|
Pre-Proposal Link: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash4africa.29020/#post-169072
Detailed Proposal .PDF: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16RXs2FfPYqQLRZNVC7l7PWsbo-DWdBCb?usp=sharing
#Dash4Africa is a multi-month proposal presented by Nathaniel Luz of #Dash4Nigeria, with escrow by Instantkarmafund. #Dash4Nigeria Proposal has had great success in getting new users and businesses accepting Dash and this proposal is taking that model and scaling it up to cover more territory. This is a coalition of several proposals in one, with the goal to make a big push in Africa to impact 7 countries, including: Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Botswana. For Dash to have a lasting presence and impact in Africa, more foundational work must be done to train and retain ambassadors, as well as on-board exchanges and traders, businesses and schools to make a sustainable leap in the adoption curve. The objective of this proposal is to take Dash from a “speculative asset” to a “cryptocurrency with utility” in these 7 counties in Africa. Once more businesses and schools are on-boarded and conferences are completed, benefits will be obvious and demand will grow. We will then roll out Phase 2 in a proceeding proposal to satisfy the demand, which will address the fundamental problems of liquidity and accessibility of Dash in Africa. We will make Dash ubiquitous in Africa with high utility and velocity - with its greater security, medium-of-exchange and store-of-value properties than legacy currencies. See highly-developed plans at link above and budget at end of proposal.
The #DASH4Africaproject led by Nathaniel Luz is a coalition that seeks to solidify the adoption and use of DASH in Cameroon, Nigeria, and Ghana. This proposal is a merger of the plans of seven different DASH teams plus the DASH Africa Ambassadors Drive Project (Cameroon 2, Ghana 2, and Nigeria 3). Seven ambassadors coordinated by Nathaniel Luz would simultaneously carry out this project across 3 countries. Funds are escrowed with Instantkarmafund and would be released per phase of the project listed at the end of this proposal. This project would also sponsor and execute the first DASH outreaches in 4 other African countries, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Botswana. Making it a total of 7 countries impacted by this proposal. Nathaniel Luz (@ROTC) is the Lead Ambassador for DASH in Nigeria, has raised other ambassadors in several African countries. This proposal is a merger of 7 smaller proposals because we believe it would be easier for the community to get reports and hold the team accountable, while saving the costs of 5 DASH fee per proposal.
Previous Accomplishments of Nathaniel Luz
The #Dash4Nigeria proposal was a great success, with the following results:
- Youtube “Dash African School” with episodes totaling over 4,000 views in 4 weeks.
Quantumexplorer- Creator of the DASH Mobile Wallet:
"I checked downloads on android in Ghana, we got 788 per month last month,
second only to nigeria and south, africa."
Dash4Nigeria Milestones Completed:
1. We had 2 conferences rather than 1 as planned initially.
2. We had 7 meet-ups in Nigeria
3. We reached out to Cameroon and had a successful meetup there. Cameroon is the first French Speaking African Country to get in on DASH
4. We were present at the launching of the Blockchain Centre, Nigeria, where we convinced them to adopt DASH as their official means of payment.
This means students offering courses there would have to pay with DASH.
5. We discussed with Digital Abundance group, and they currently have their investments in DASH. (They run a hedge fund)
6. Cryptohub, a foremost cryptocurrency organization in Nigeria has also accepted DASH as their official currency.
7. Cryptolifecapital, a hedge fund uses DASH for their monthly payout to clients.
8. 21 offline exchanges now trade DASH locally. One of these is WegoEx, an over-the-counter cryptocurrency exchange
9. 13 new businesses now accept DASH as a means of payment will be listed at DiscoverDash.com
10. We had training with existing DASH Ambassadors and raised new ambassadors also. We now have 2 new ambassadors in Cameroon,
2 in Ghana and 5 in Nigeria. We also have potential ambassadors from Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda who are currently undergoing training.
Objectives of This Proposal:
This proposal would achieve the following and more (see Google Doc for detailed plans):
- DASH conferences in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon
- Introducing DASH to Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Botswana and organizing outreaches there.
- DASH Marketing and Education in Universities in Ghana
- Adoption of DASH as a means of payment in Secondary Schools in Ghana
- DASH as a means of payment of dues, etc. in organizations
- DASH Secondary School Proprietors Meetups
- DASH partnerships with events and competition organizers to pay the winners in DASH and purchase tickets with DASH
- DASH Campus Promotion in Cameroon
- Establishment of DASH Exchange Centers in Cameroon
- Local bitcoin traders to begin trading DASH in Cameroon
- The raising of DASH Ambassadors in Cameroon
- More Businesses to adopt DASH as a means of Payment in Nigeria
- DASH outreaches for Professionals/ Working class in Nigeria
- Continuous DASH Meetups and Ambassadors Drive across Africa
- Seek to make DASH the most adopted cryptocurrency in the countries this proposal concerns
A. DASH marketing and education in Universities in Ghana 7
B. Introducing DASH to secondary schools (private) in Ghana 9
C. DASH Campus Promotion in Cameroon 7.25
D. Establishment of DASH Exchange Centers in Cameroon 13 + Liquidity of 4.5 DASH for each exchanges 18
E. DASH Ambassadors Training in Cameroon 10.5
F. Businesses adoption of DASH as a means of Payment in Nigeria 16
G. DASH for professionals/ Working class in Nigeria 6.5
H. Continuous DASH meetups and ambassadors driveacross Africa 9.25
I. Prints 14
J. Exigencies 5
K. Proposal Fee 5
L. Escrow fee 5
M. Proposal fee risk 5
Monthly Escrow Payment Schedule by Instantkarmafund
First payment would cover items: A G H I = 36.75
Second Payment would cover items: D J = 36
Third payment would cover items: B C E F = 42.75
Terms of Escrow, Updates, Contact Info
Progress updates and milestone accomplishments will be detailed and documented in Discord > Instantkarmafund > Dash4Africa
Non-performance of milestones will result in remaining funds being held in Trust for the Treasury and will be made available to fund other proven, successful projects.
As mentioned above, this is a summary. Please click link to view complete, detailed proposal with extensive details and plans.
Questions for Instantkarmafund can be directed to email@example.com or @Nate on Discord.
Requested Monthly Total: 115 Dash
Total: (115.5 x 2) +15 = 246
Priced at $650 USD/Dash.
Please vote YES if you wish to see Dash do big things in Africa!
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!