Proposal “Dash-Africa“ (Completed)Back
|Monthly amount:||24 DASH (4889 USD)|
|Completed payments:||3 totaling in 72 DASH (0 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-02-17 / 2018-05-17 (added on 2018-02-07)|
|Votes:||923 Yes / 118 No / 69 Abstain|
Dash Africa is an established project and is now the largest and foremost outlet for Dash-related media in Africa. It has also served as the platform to launch and develop successful projects in several African countries. This 3-month proposal is partly retrospective in action, to pay for work already completed, and to serve as a template for future proposals.
Introduction to the Proposal Owner
The Proposal Owner is Slottle Addams, known as @DashingDude, a frequent participant in the Dash forums and a Com.Sci geek. Before founding Dash Africa he worked for many years as a software dev, manager, entrepreneur, and university lecturer. For 10 years, he worked voluntarily part-time as network engineer, deploying a wireless WAN infrustructure at 17 schools in remote rural areas with the Siyakhula project. He likes teaching Capoeira and alpine skiing too, so he should really get more physical exercise instead of spending so much time in front of his computer.
Dash Africa is an active platform from which Dash is penetrating the African continent’s market for cryptocurrency, a market of high potential, as many African countries suffer from fiat currency shortages.
This proposal covers several projects which are already in progress:
- Dash Waterfront Office - Located in the scenic Cape Town harbor of Hout Bay, a popular tourist destination, we are opening an office offering Dash information, promotional material, free wi-fi, and more.
- Road Trip + Vehicle Branding - Visiting universities and events across South Africa in a nice Dash-branded vehicle.
- Continued funding of Dash Leopards Soccer - This project is expanding rapidly and yielding great results. Please visit the website to learn more.
- Ambassadors Program - Ambassadors are provided with training, funding and materials to perform their own meet-ups, thus exponentially increasing our influence.
- Development/Maintenance of Dash Africa website - Visit Dash Africa
- Journalism - This allows us to pay a stipend to the journalists who provide our content.
- Promotion of Dash into traditional communities - To penetrate the traditional communities saving industry, worth over $2 billion dollars.
Conventional milestones are inapplicable as the proposal is largely funded retrospectively, i.e. payment made for work already completed. The Dash Africa website is visible proof thereof, already highly professional, regularly updated.
The effectiveness of the Dash Africa platform is exemplified by these significant completed project milestones:
- Professionally designed branding and logos.
- The Dash Africa website posts on average 3 fresh, edited blog items per week (over the last 6 months).
- The #Dash4Nigeria project, recently funded by proposal, which trains and equips Dash Ambassadors to promote Dash to others. (@rotc)
- Poverty alleviation, road trips and education projects, funded in Ghana. (@cryptolib)
- The launch and continuation of the Dash Leopards Soccer project.
- Search Engine Optimization - we're #1
- Penetration of traditional African financial systems, to introduce Dash as a modern tradition.
- Harnessing of soccer, the continent’s most powerful single interest, as a means of promoting Dash awareness.
- Expansion of an African network of Dash ambassadors to personally teach others about Dash.
- Multilingual extension to include the many Francophone countries of Africa, as Dash Africa is presently only Anglophone.
- Continued editing, writing and design services for the teams across Africa.
Dash Africa is results orientated and well-equipped to produce monthly Progress Reports for the Dash MNO’s as included in future monthly proposals.
Core Team and Principal Skills
The various components of Dash Africa, or the initiatives which it supports, are the product of a group of some 15 members around the core of:
- Slottle Addams - Team Leader
- Tom Rogers - Editor and Content Production
- Clive Ritchie - London based Graphic Design and Image Consultant
- John Reed - Community champion and activist
- Nathanial Luz (@rotc) - Nigeria - Dash Ambassadors program
- Ricardo Phillips - Dash Leopards Soccer
Proposal Fee - 5 Dash
Dash Waterfront Office - 10 Dash
Road Trip + Vehicle Branding - 10 Dash
Continued funding of Dash Leopards Soccer - 10 Dash
Ambassadors Program - 10 Dash
Development/Maintenance of Dash Africa website - 8 Dash
Journalism - 2 Dash
Promotion of Dash into traditional communities - 2 Dash
Management Fee - 5 Dash
Contingency Allowance - 10 Dash
TOTAL 72 Dash
Funding duration: 3 months, 24 Dash per month
Once again - Much of this work is done already!
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!