Proposal “DIF-ONGOING-FUNDING-Q1-2021“ (Active)Back
|Title:||DIF Ongoing Funding Q1 2021|
|Monthly amount:||500 DASH (108719 USD)|
|Completed payments:||1 totaling in 500 DASH (2 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2021-02-12 / 2021-05-12 (added on 2021-02-11)|
|Votes:||773 Yes / 68 No / 16 Abstain|
|Will be funded:||Yes|
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):|
gobject vote-many e2bc78b0811c95ce63913475197d3b4bba9a78279d43505726f53185db7b95eb funding yes
Please login or create a new DashCentral account for comfortable one button voting!
Monthly ask will be 500 Dash for the next 3 months
Given the success of our previous quarter's funding proposal and also the DAO’s supplemental funding provided last cycle we’re asking for a larger ongoing funding amount.
What Does This Proposal Fund?
All Dash received are for only two purposes:
1) reserves and
2) fund management/admin/legal expenses.
Currently, our operational costs are approximately $50,000 per annum plus one-off legal costs associated with individual deals that the DIF may explore and enter into. We are also exploring securing the services of an accountant. We expect this will increase our operational costs. This expense is to prepare documents for reporting to the community. An accountant is better trained to prepare reports. Also this expense frees up supervisor time for other tasks.
How Much Does the DIF Currently Have in Reserve?
Supervisors are currently preparing our Q4 report. Slides for that report have been produced and approved. You can find them here:
After $300k of outlay in investments we still hand 400 Dash and just under $50k free and clear at the end of 2020. A significant portion of the 1000 Dash January DAO distribution is making a new DASH/USD market on liquid exchange. Liquid is a FastPass partner.
The DIF’s Vision
The DIF will:
- Facilitate the solicitation, negotiation, and due diligence of investments of potential interest to the Dash DAO
- Guide entrepreneurs seeking funding from the DIF by educating them on the process and best practices to improve the chances for a successful investment
- Manage reserves for the network in a manner that balances the needs to grow the reserves, and to limit risks
- Seed the liquidity and growth of emerging Dash financial markets or products
- Conduct all activities with a high degree of transparency - while providing a bridge to the needs of potential partners desiring to protect non-public information
DIF Mission: "The Dash Investment Foundation will invest in ecosystem partners on behalf of the Dash DAO to grow Dash’s footprint and deliver greater value with the resources available."
When will the DIF publish its next Quarterly Report?
Targeting Late February for a video Q4 report. Please note slides are already available above.
Selected recent earned media
Old list of recent press releases
- Appointing additional supervisors: https://newsroom.dash.org/110892-dash-investment-foundation-appoints-additional-supervisors
- ReadyRaider announcement: https://newsroom.dash.org/preview/RG3fIBZjEafFRH1gRELYGQ
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!