Proposal “DASH-TEXT-SMS-WALLETS“ (Active)Back
|Title:||DASH TEXT - SMS Wallets for Everyone (Exclusively for Dash) - FIRST STAGE VENEZUELA|
|Monthly amount:||36 DASH (9338 USD)|
|Completed payments:||no payments occurred yet (3 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-07-18 / 2018-10-16 (added on 2018-07-11)|
|Final voting deadline:||in 12 days|
|Votes:||297 Yes / 29 No / 6 Abstain|
|Will be funded:||No. This proposal needs additional 183 Yes votes to become funded.|
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):|
gobject vote-many 3983c42cf2f76e435278cdc9b48abe2162ec804f4f4b7a9d09cda87b7ac30076 funding yes
Please login or create a new DashCentral account for comfortable one button voting!
Hello Dash Community! We are excited to introduce you the proposal for Dash Text - The first SMS wallet service exclusively for Dash!
1- MAIN OBJECTIVE:
Dash Text will be the first service to offer Dash Wallets over SMS, it is the fastest and easiest way to receive Dash, and it is one of the most practical applications for people, specially in developing countries where smartphone access and internet access is limited. Our goal is to provide easy access to Dash for everyone.
2- THE PROBLEM and VALIDATION:
Only around 40% of people in Venezuela have smartphones, this means that there are still millions of people who can't use Dash even if they wanted to. We plan to change that. Source: https://newzoo.com/insights/rankings/top-50-countries-by-smartphone-penetration-and-users/
3- THE SOLUTION:
An SMS Wallet service that allows anyone to create and manage a fully functional Dash Wallet only by texting, no need for registration, or downloads, or any hassles, just text and start Dashing, no internet connection required!
4- WHO ARE WE:
Lorenzo Rey: Project Lead. I am an Electronic Engineer, CTO of Dash Help (Support Center) and Dash Merchant - Massive Adoption Program. I am also a spokesperson for Dash in Venezuela and Latin America, I've been the speaker in Dash Caracas conferences, in Dash Youth conferences and presentations, and in events such as the Crypto Latin Fest. I've worked with Rodrigo from Dash Brasil, and with Sam Barbosa, Developer of the Dash Core Team. I've also been an advisor for many other projects such as Dash Trip, Dash Youth, Agrocognitive, and more. DASH Forum: LorenzoRey, Telegram: LorenzoRey, Discord: LorenzoReyC Ig: LorenzoReyC Tw: LorenzoReyC
Alejandro Echeverría: Mechanical Engineer, co-founder of Dash Help - Support Center and Dash Merchant Venezuela. He is also advisor for some teams in the Dash Community like Dash Argentina and Dash Youth Venezuela. Dedicated himself to make profitable business models (Easymed, TuGruero- https://tugruero.io/, Ctrl+C-USB). DASH Forum/Discord: AlejandroE. Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandro-echeverrria-b739b1101/).
Carlos Echeverria: He´s got a degree in Business Administration from UNIMET (Universidad Metropolitana) in Caracas, Venezuela. He has been in charge of the finance and administration of all above companies as equal business asociated. (Ig: carlosjem1993. Tw: carlosjem. DASH Forum/Discord: carlosjem/ Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-echeverria-081a57a9/).
Carlos Heinze: Production engineer from USB (Universidad Simon Bolivar) in Caracas, Venezuela. He has been in charge of the operations of customer service, call center support and logistic of all above companies as equal business asociate. (Ig/Tw: @nachoheinze. DASH Forum: Carlos Heinze. Discord: CarlosH, Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlos-heinze-43483ab8/).
5- BUDGET: We did the lowest budget we could, understanding the fall n the Dash price. In this sense, we are requesting just the 0.58% of the monthly available budet.
We will work in alliance with some Venezuelans and teams that have been funded by the Dash treasury, in this way we will work aligned and coordinated to achieve the same goal: massive adoption of Dash in Venezuela. Following are the allies:
- Dash Help - Support Center: led by Alejandro Echeverría (AlejandroE). Dash Help is the first support center of Dash (and any cryptocurrency) in the world. Prividing assistance to 6 countries already via phone calls, chat, and ticket support. All the assistance and problem solving about Dash Text will be channeled thru Dash Help.
-Dash Merchant Venezuela: led by Alejandro Echeverria (AlejandroE). Dash Merchant Venezuela is a massive adoption program for merchants to accept Dash as payment method for their products and services. We will help small merchants who don't have PCs or Smartphones so they can accept Dash as payment with our SMS Wallet service.
-Dash Youth: led by Santos Bermudez ([USER=22264]@Santos Bermúdez Ruiz[/USER]). Dash Youth Venezuela is an organization focused on spreading knowledge about cryptocurrencies and the DASH Network by giving a series of lectures for students of Middle Schools and Universities. We will work with them teaching students on how the can receive and send Dash without internet connection or smartphones.
1. Is Dash Text Secure?
- Absolutely, Dash Text is secure enough for its purpose, understanding that cryptographic keys are not stored in the user's phone, similar to how an exchange works. You should remember that this is a product for casual use and to move small amounts, we do not encourage anyone to use Dash Text wallets as their primary wallets, you should always hold your funds in more secure wallets where you control the cryptographic keys, such as the Dash Core (QT) Desktop wallet.
2. What happens if my phone is stolen or I lose it?
- You do exactly the same as you would normally: call your cellphone company and ask them to freeze your phone number (report it as lost or stolen), that will immediately block access to your Dash Text wallet, once your number is re-enabled on a new phone, you will have access to your funds again.
3. Who holds user keys?
- Keys are generated using the users phone number as seed when the system receives the first SMS. We do this using Blockcyphers API, which is a respectable blockchain solutions company that is allied to Dash.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Facebook: Dash Text
Thanks for reading our proposal. Leave us your comment and questions. Thanks for support!
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!