Proposal “Bring-Festy-to-Irish-Pubs-Global-Market“ (Active)Back
|Title:||Bringing Festy & Dash to the public - Irish Pubs Global Market|
|Monthly amount:||198 DASH (178780 USD)|
|Completed payments:||1 totaling in 198 DASH (2 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2017-11-18 / 2018-02-15 (added on 2017-11-23)|
|Votes:||931 Yes / 293 No / 14 Abstain|
|Will be funded:||Yes|
Manually vote on this proposal (DashCore - Tools - Debugconsole):|
gobject vote-many af90eb48b5ecadb40b8551411c9dba0bd4f7d4523bb7846c11b3554370a73e52 funding yes
Please login or create a new DashCentral account for comfortable one button voting!
Title: Bringing Festy and Dash to the public - Irish Pubs Global Market
Latest video answering your questions (28th November)
Our Dash Forum thread, answering some very in-depth development questions with Chuck Williams:
Check out our proposal on the latest 3 Amigo's podcast:
The outcome of our last proposal with Irish Pubs Global which was a huge success:
Based on community feedback, we have decided to give 12 months exclusivity to Dash on Festy. So when users try to withdraw their money, they will have to withdraw in Dash as the only cryptocurrency supported. This will provide genuine value for Dash as all of these hundreds of thousands of transactions (hopefully millions in due course) will be withdrawn to Dash by using it as the primary currency for everyday merchants that accept Festy.
Festy is a contactless crypto payments startup expanding the utility of Dash among everyday people and everyday businesses. This proposal is to bring Dash to 10 music venues around the world and fully develop an event POS system with ATM-integration to allow the customers spend their Dash.
Dash has the capability of revolutionising day to day business as we know it and we are committed to developing technologies and businesses that help in achieving this goal. We want to make it possible for the Dash community and the wider population to live 100% in Dash, making payments in all aspects of their day to day life, from retail and festivals to transit and tourism, using Festy as the payment processor.
Several weeks ago, the team successfully forged an official partnership for Festy with Irish Pubs Global - an intercontinental federation of Irish pubs, distilleries and industry leading drinks companies that comprises of 9,500 members. Our recent proposal to the Dash community enabled Festy to secure the headline sponsorship package at the IPG Awards in Dublin (ahead of Guinness & Magners Irish Cider) where we executed a demonstration of our POS system, wearable wristbands and contactless cards by processing close to 500 payments in Dash at the bar during the event. The response from the pub owners and service providers in attendance was overwhelming and we are now in the process of rolling out a 12 month marketing and business development plan with IPG to secure these 7,000 pubs as clients. We hope to begin full retail installations in Q1 of 2018. At the IPG event we were also approached by numerous business owners outside of the network including the CEO of Bizimply who is also from our hometown of Cork, Ireland who expressed huge interest in creating a partnership with Festy allowing us entry into 3,500 locations external to the IPG network instantaneously. We are the only payment processor making it possible for these bar owners to begin issuing loyalty card systems due to the savings they make on transaction fees. According to the feedback from our prospective clients, this alone would give them a huge advantage over their competitors and from our perspective would leave these competitors with no choice but to integrate Festy to survive.
Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
This level of demand for Festy requires a full team of highly skilled developers dedicated solely on this project in order to scale effectively so we can launch our MVP for beta testing. Currently we are unable to realise this opportunity for major adoption of Dash and Festy as our 2 junior developers and 1 senior developer are finding it difficult to manage the workflow of both Festy & Bitcart. We spent the last few weeks recruiting a team that will work exclusively on Festy, allowing the current team to focus on Bitcart and divide the development team at Opera Incubator in two clearly defined groups so that both companies can flourish as they should.
As our strategic business partners, we hope the Dash community will help us to acquire the resources and materials we need to take Festy to the global marketplace and capitalise on all of these developments. We believe we have shown what we can accomplish with a slim budget as the fruits of our labour during the IPG event are clearly evident, and therefore feel we are justifiably taking the logical next step in asking for a larger sum this time around.
Click here for a more detailed roadmap for the Festy MVP design.
With a strong belief in the importance of education, we are assigning tasks to our CTO and senior developers relating to training our talented junior developers to fulfill the role of full stack blockchain specialists and this requires a lot of time and energy.
[img width=612 height=399]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uW88gv3tR3wCIwfq_xC40ZArcTlXqsHCypcr0vNrrUBFaFuTpjNFxv5bs1g1wIVSizMLDxPZQcFKqQbeEzbaLCLkhRGcblPLcnWZYtaE6Cc5rqryNJSFBb9sb15NgPZPvgHRHhJ8[/img]
Festy customer journey to Dash by adding a side-chain layer to be additional to the broker model.
On a side-note we have signed a contract with Dash to commit to a 3-month development roadmap. The Bitcart business team met with Fernando of Dash Core Group in Lisbon at the Blockspot Conference in November 2017. This contractual agreement reaffirms our commitment to fully develop Bitcart into an automated service, allowing better customer service experience and scalability. We have agreed to stand by our code and have it tested by Dash developer’s. This work has already begun with 16 bugs being fixed with an update this week. Test the new site for yourself!
Joint Statement by Bitcart and Dash Core Group
Recent business developments for Festy have created the urgency for a committed and refined strategic business partnership with Dash. We have carefully selected 10 locations to integrate Festy as a priority. These areas have been chosen due to predicted traffic and adoption of comparable technologies from our market research.
Venues (Pubs, Music Venues, Cafés and Restaurants)
We have existing business relationships with Irish pub owners in these locations as a result of our successful sponsorship of Irish Pubs Global which you can read about here. Within three months it will be possible spend your Dash in specific establishments in the following locations:
- Hong Kong
- Seoul, South Korea
- London, UK
- New Hampshire, USA
- Boston, USA
- Cancún, Mexico
- Cork, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- Rome, Italy
- Berlin, Germany
Imagine a time when it will be possible to travel to these locations and use Dash to create a new era of tourism free of conversion rates and withdrawal charges! No more dealing with massive fees from ATMs and converting from dollars to euros - Festy is initiating a transference from a ‘Cash is King’ paradigm to a ‘DASH is KING’ paradigm. We have strategically made these relationships with Irish bars in order to get us setup with a base in these locations and tap into local contacts to spread Dash among the tourism industry. Festivals and conferences have already been added to our list and contractual agreements will secure Festy as a payment processor at these events.
Each time a bar integrates our beta POS system, we will hold a launch night whereby Dash & Festy will be used exclusively by the local community and any members of the Dash community that reside in the locality! For launches we will supply top quality music through our many contacts in the music industry and make these parties a night to remember. This will be pivotal to training the staff and interviewing the pub owner for endorsing Dash. These will go out on the Dash social media and Dash Force News. The bar will be able to announce their loyalty card programs that have been made possible by Festy and will only apply when Festy is used for payments. This will lead to huge adoption rates of Festy as a payment processor and massive increases in the usage of Dash as a currency.
Spend Dash in Bars
Customers will be able to purchase Dash at these 10 locations using Dash branded ATMs which will be acquired as part of this proposal. People can put cash into the ATM, tap their wristband/card on the NFC reader and top-up with Dash. Customers can then start paying their bills with a simple tap! We will brand the ATMs with the flag companies of Dash including Dash Force News and Dash Force One graphics.
These bars will give us essential feedback on usability of our products to help us prepare for full-launch. Given 3-months of development and testing our systems, this development will propel us into the the market for bringing Dash to everyday merchants all over the world!
Concerts and Festivals
We feel it is important to describe what is also on the horizon for Festy in 2018 following these integrations and completing our beta phase so that the Dash community can also share our vision in full:
Darren Dineen - Business Developer - has formed a close relationship with industry leading partners in the music industry including Richard Tierney, former Head of Marketing for Aiken Promotions, Head of Marketing Partnerships for LiveNation and former Managing Director and Owner of Ten Ltd, while creating and consulting for blockchain based music projects last year. Richard has taken a huge interest in Festy and has offered to assist in the acquisition of the contracts for the major venues he has worked with including the 02 Arena (20,000 capacity) and the RDS in Dublin (18,500) as well as Live at the Marquee (5,000 capacity) in Cork to name but a few.
In addition to this, we have been engaged in talks concerning integrating Festy in the following festivals for the upcoming 2018 season. This list includes but is not limited to:
- Boomtown, Winchester, UK (60,000 capacity)
- Body and Soul, Ireland (15,000 capacity)
- Reno Air Race Championships, NV (200,000 capacity)
- Porcfest, New Hampshire, US (2,200 capacity)
- Atlantic Songbook, Ireland - this is a new festival that is launching in 2018 and will be the longest running music festival in the world (potentially 10.5 million people using Festy over 9 months according to Irish tourism statistics in 2016 - 2017 was even higher)
- St. Patrick’s Day Festivals in Boston, New York and Dublin ($5.3 billion is estimated to have been spent during the 2017 festival)
- Deichbrand, Germany (50,000 capacity)
- Wacken, Germany (75,000 capacity)
- Rock Am Ring, Germany (75,000 capacity)
- Electric Picnic, Ireland (55,000 capacity)
The budget intends to satisfy the costs of equipment and recruitment allowing Festy to scale and reach the next phase of development.
- Development Budget for Festy
- 2 Junior Developers salary for 3 months €15,000
- 2 New Senior Blockchain Developers salary for 3 months €38,400
- CTO salary for 3 months €24,000
3 months working with a new fully equipped development team will align perfectly to ensure Festy are fully prepped and ready for the festival season which begins in May 2018, enabling us to fulfill our dream of bringing Dash and Festy to major festivals all around the world.
Total: €25,800 per month
- Wristbands & cards (design and printing) €10,000
- New wristbands and Dash branded cards x 20,000 units
- Dash-branded ATMs for the 10 venue locations €90,000
- Dash ATMs x10 units
- POS Systems, NFC readers and devices to give to venues free of charge for initial integrations €40,000
- Enough hardware for the first 1,000 locations with no charge - We will be announcing this on our feature piece in the Irish Pubs Global editorial to incentivise adoption
Total: €46,666 per month
- We contact a music venue in our network for integrating Dash
- We deliver a Festy NFC reader and General Bytes ATM and train the staff to use the app on their tablet/company phone
- A minimum of two members of the team will fly to the location to provide consultation and we will run a launch event, which acts as a training for staff and also good marketing for Festy.
- We provide follow-up consultation with calls and emails throughout the beta period, providing support for merchants.
- Following beta of our Minimal Viable Product, we will launch at the festival season commencing in May 2018 in Europe and the United States and expanding across South East Asia and India.
Marketing and Business Development
- Create and secure business development leads for Festy integrations
- Effectively market & promote the Dash and Festy partnership globally
- Business Developer €1,500 per month
- Business Developer €1,500 per month
- Events organiser €1,500 per month
- Installation and consultation for merchants at each location €15,000
Total: €12,500 per month
- Promotional Merchandise for use at events ie stickers, beer mats, giveaways.
- Staff / Representative uniforms for use at events.
- Information packs for Merchants and consumers.
- Photo and videography for event documentation and website €1,000 per month
- Dash Branding
- Graphic design €900 per month
- Dash giveaway redeemable for one drink at the bar at locations, giving customers a chance to spend Dash
Total: €9,900 per month
Special Festy xmas party in Cork, Ireland 16th December 2017
- An invitation to all Masternode holders and enthusiasts to prototype Festy before the end of the calendar year at our Christmas party
- Enjoy traditional Irish Christmas delicacies and treats
- Spend your Dash to buy mince pies, hot chocolate and marshmallows, Murphy's and more
- Meet the team and Dash community in Ireland
- Enjoy crypto tourism in Cork
Grand Total for 3 months: €98,333 per month
We will answer any questions you may have
Festy Headlines Irish Pub Global
Irish Pubs Global Awards
The Festy Experience at Irish Pubs Global Awards 2017
St. Patrick’s Day Market Research
Festy Introduce Dash Network to 7,000 Irish Pubs
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!