Proposal “BLOCKCHAINAIConferenceMerchantsAdoption“ (Closed)Back
|Monthly amount:||47 DASH (2741 USD)|
|Completed payments:||no payments occurred yet (3 month remaining)|
|Payment start/end:||2018-09-17 / 2018-12-15 (added on 2018-09-12)|
|Final voting deadline:||in passed|
|Votes:||279 Yes / 222 No / 64 Abstain|
Show full description ...
Discussion: Should we fund this proposal?
|No comments so far?
Be the first to start the discussion!
We commit to deliver 4 large integrations each for Dash in the months of November and December.
Kindly vote our proposal here
I like the idea of Dash being included in a savings plan.
Beyond this proposal: Exchanges need to be targeted to use Dash 'InstantSend'
Expect amazing results when we pass.
We've it included in our plans.
Whilst several proposals are yet to pass in the voting cycle that ends in an hour, there's a whooping sum of 188 Dash about to be burnt as proposals are yet to get the required amount of votes to have them allocated.
Calling on MNOs to kindly check out existing proposals and cast their votes.
Worthy of mention is that African Proposals are being neglected deliberately, with racist abuses metted out on the proposal owners in a matured environment such as this.
We encourage MNOs to vote for our proposal to enable us conclude major business integrations, attend the Blockchain Conference and organise 2 merchant adoption conferences.
1. We've responsed to a lot of questions in the last few days and we're glad for these conversations. All corrections regarding our presentation have been taken into consideration. We also noticed that all Africans are grouped as 1. We don't accept this generalisation and are working on a rebrand already.
2. Voting us in this cycle means all integrations would be launched as planned, approximately 1 integration weekly. We have been working with Yellowcard.io for the last 4 months, Kurecoinhub.com for 2 months, please make this count.
3. With space in the budget and a few hours to go, our current proposal should be a success, if not satisfied with our results in the next few weeks, we can be downvoted.
Dear MNOs, let's do this.
Thanks for your support.
Conference materials $1,000 (why can't this be reused?)
Banners $200 (why can't this be reused?)
Shirts 12 * 100 = $1200 and 10 shirts $15 = $150 (why the different prices)
2 Rollups $100 = $200 (why can't this be reused?)
I'm not sure what the new wallet costs are for? Are these to help with integrations secured such as Yellowcard.io or just promotional?
$3 for 300 new wallets $900
Giveaway: $600 for 200 new wallets ($3 each)
The basis for your post here seems to be we'll lose out on getting these integrations: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/alert-dash-major-adoption-plans-about-to-be-forestalled.40868/#post-197835
but it's confusing what the strategy is or what your current relationships are with yellowcard.io, Bitpesa, etc? How does this stall the yellowcard integration if it doesn't pass? You just list information about the companies and nothing about your direct relationship with them or what's the latest status on your business integration progress with them. It makes it more frustrating for someone that wants to vote yes for this when I see that most of the costs in the proposal are not directly associated with the integrations.
I think by and large most of us care a lot more about the business integrations rather than the conference. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense and while you might feel like your efforts are under-appreciated, your not helping yourself with how you present what's actually going on.
Thanks for your comment and questions.
1. We're getting 4 Staff on Salary for 2 months. They'd be responsible for following up on all the integrations till they are fully concluded.
2. The events are for Merchants Adoption/ announcement of concluded integrations. The Yellowcard.io integration allows people buy Dash in smaller units offline. Kurecoin allows you to buy/ sell Dash, bank Dash as a collateral for a loan.
2b. The events allow us to sign up new merchants. The reasons we couldn't do this were *Lack of POS, No liquidity. Both issues have been resolved. It's time to sign up the merchants.
This can't be virtual ad we need to demonstrate the Pos and liquidity process.
The banners will be customised for each integration/ event and can't be reused for another event. However, we will put them on strategic locations after the events.
The shipping of the prints to Abuja from Lagos was added to making the shirts $15. That was why we separated the prices of the shirts.
The giveaways would be to patronize these new merchants and yellowcard.io.
3. Integrate Dash to major Blockchain/ Cryptocurrency platforms such as; Kurecoin (exchange and bank), Bitpesa (remittances) Yellowcard (Sales of Small denominations of Dash such as $5, $10, $20 $50), Cryptostorez (E-commerce). source: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taking-dash-to-blockchain-ai-conference-other-parts-of-nigeria.40401/
have to do with the conference?
Been integrated for free, a certain amount of users/transactions must be met in the first 60 days of the integration. Integrations should be accompanied with publicity and marketing to increase usage.
In order to exclude listing fees, there must be users.
We go for this option as it's cheaper and enables us do proper marketing.
Asides this, there are some other services our staff would perform to ensure successful integrations and for the first 2 months afterwards.
We had such awareness for Bitrefill and Nigeria had the highest users of Dash to refill their phones via bitrefill.com for the most part of this year.
I think there's a mix.
We're participating in 1 conference and organising 2 conferences.
The Blockchain and AI conference is for us to meet potential businesses, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency platforms that could integrate Dash. Also, it increases our visibility by giving us strategic publicity.
The Blockchain conference in October doesn't affect the current integrations in anyway, I was referring to the 2 conferences we will organise in November and December.
Apologies the information wasn't clearly stated, we're on improving our communications.
1. Kurecoinhub.com - Over 80% complete
2. Yellowcard.io - Over 70% complete
3. Cryptostorez - Over 80% complete
4. Bitpesa and others - Still in communications with the companies. We will deliver timely updates to the community and we are also in touch with Dash Core to ensure we get the terms for each right.
We negotiated with the sponsors to accept Dash at the value of $300 and they agreed after series of negotiations. We did this to reduce cost. This proposal is underpriced and not overpriced as some think.
That singular action saves 22 Dash.
I implore MNOs to read this piece for more insight: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/alert-dash-major-adoption-plans-about-to-be-forestalled.40868/#post-197835
Building a Dashy Africa - Phase 2 by lnstantKarmaFund
Unlike with proposals for and from Venezuela which was also difficult to gauge in the beginning, they have substantially improved.
What I understand from Africa is that there are a couple of people traveling over the Massive continent that is Africa.
I don't know for which things they can take credit for, personally I think most Exchanges would have probably listened Dash without there present (please challenge me on this with PROOF if you can).
Just to be clear the goal is adoption, I am fine with a bit of recon, but unlike Caracas in Venezuela we don't have a base of power or foothold if you will anywhere in Africa. I believe we need that foothold.
Other than that I do believe that KuvaCash is doing the right thing in Zimbabwe/Africa. (well I can look past there insults even does directed at me personally). I understand we can't expect that level of professionalism from Africa because most of Africa is far less developed including the people. But I have also have not seen any growth in it either.
1. Our last proposal had no trip in it and this doesn't either. There's the Dash Hub Africa team that does travels and are based in Ghana, while I and my team are based in Nigeria.
2. "personally I think most Exchanges would have probably listened Dash without there present (please challenge me on this with PROOF if you can)"
No major exchange in Nigeria listed Dash without our work. Luno, Remitano, Belfrics, Tanjalo and several others don't have Dash. Remitano recently listed Ripple but turned down our request for them to list Dash.
We've succeeded with getting listed in some with the recent being Kurecoinhub.com.
3. Foothold of Dash in Nigeria is Lagos.
I take the time to read and ask questions, and I offer Dash Africa a bit more slack because, from what I am seeing it's allot hard to get things done in Africa than it is Western country that has, fast inet, fast computers, better exchanges and exchange rate, higher educate people (make it quicker to explain this complicated thing called crypto-currency).
And no reason giving why I am being down-voted.
* I am changing my votes to no because I have not gotten a good answers, and based on my down-votes I feel confident my post has been read.
We're glad you've changed your stance from believing our "effort is fruitless" to "the work may be happening but at an overly high price point".
1. There are only 2 teams working in Nigeria. Dashy Africa and Dash Squad. Kindly give full information on your claim or you stop posting speculation as fact.
2. Our work in Nigeria is highly underpriced. If this proposal fails to pass, kindly note that the following would happen:
a. Dash-Yellowcard.io integration would be stalled
b. Dash-kurecoinhub.com integration would be suspended indefinitely.
c. Dash-cryptostorez integration wouldn't be able to be completed.
d. Dash-Bitpesa integration wouldn't be any longer.
3. Getting a proposal to pass is primarily for the benefit of the community and not for the PO.
4. When tomorrow comes, we'd appreciate no finger pointing to the low adoption and use of Dash in Africa when African Proposals get negative votes without justification.
Kindly weigh the options before you vote.
Dear MNOs Kindly Vote Yes for a win win in Africa and Dash.
Dash Hub Africa
There is room for improvement there I believe, and I hope it's better in real life.
Banking on your support.
The success recorded thus far in Venezuela is amazing and can be replicated in African countries.
We've done so much without funding lately and can't wait to get funded to do more.
Thanks for your support and anticipate great results.
If given the support like our friends in Venezuela, we'd deliver outstanding results in merchants adoption, integrations and use of Dash in Africa.
We've done a lot to reduce cost and we hope this proposal which is less than 1% of the budget this month would pass.
Kindly stay tuned for major news coming out of Africa soon.
Thanks for your comment.
However dashafrica.org doesn't redirect anywhere else but loads the website directly.
Kindly try it again. Thanks.
2. What do you mean by volumes?
Volume in USD convert the naira volume to USD so we can determine network impact and roi in an apples to apple scenerio
Okay, to be sure am not getting your comment totally wrong let me ask you this question:
Do you mean the total cost of the proposal converted from USD to Naira?
Thanks for your comment.
However, we wish to state that adoption isn't sudden. It requires efforts.
Merchants and businesses adoption can only happen with the required infrastructure in place.
Thanks to Anypay POS denominated in Naira and Coindirect exchange that has integrated Dash for easy liquidation.
Also, people can't spend Dash daily till there's an opportunity to buy Dash in smaller units such as $3 for instance. Exchanges don't provide this so we had to discuss with Yellowcard.io and they have integrated Dash also.
Kindly note that these integrations come at little or no cost to the network.
Now we've created some infrastructures, full scale merchants adoption may now take place.
The work going on in Venezuela is amazing, kindly note that they've gotten more funding and more teams which should definitely produce higher results.
Nigeria being the highest users of Dash to refill their phones monthly for several months this year is a proof of ongoing adoption.
Less than a year ago, there was no Dash exchange in Nigeria, today there are several.
Nigeria are the second highest users of Paxful, the statistics from Remitano, Luno and Local Bitcoins are high also.
Think about this same traffic, adoption and usage coming to Dash. Of course, it should because Dash has more advantages over Bitcoin.
We're banking on your support and other MNOs to make Africa Dashy.